After so many months of bombardment, it was strange waking up with no political ads or people policticking. As if the blanket of snow covering my yard was a sign of the inner peace that I was now experiencing, I though back on the last several years. Two years ago, I was finishing up my bachelors degree. now, halfway through my masters degree, I realize I am only one election season away from graduating! crap.

Two years ago I was working in a job field which I thought would carry me to retirement. Not so much. Not to say I didn't like the job, I still miss it, thought it did not work with my 5 year plan. (by the way, I don't have a 5 year plan)

Two years ago the Dow Jones Industrial Average was 12,221.

Two years ago Saddam Hussein was executed after being found guilty of war crimes.

Two years ago Avian Flu kills 79.

Two years ago James Brown dies at 73

Two years ago Jeffrey Skilling, COO of Enron is sentenced to 24 years and 4 months in prison. And fined $45 Million. Thousands lost everything.

Two years ago Google buys YouTube for $1.65 Billion dollars.

Two years ago North Korea drops the bomb.

Long story short, although much has changed in the last two years, so much has also stayed the same. Now, regardless of what your particular political beliefs may be, we are responsible for effecting the change we would like to see in the world. Gandhi was right. We can bitch and moan that things are not what we want them to be. We can point fingers across the aisle and say "they" did this and how dare "they" do it again. Meanwhile we sit silent and watch it occur, waiting to "use it against them" come election time. Remember how short the voters memory is.

I don't remember what I had for breakfast today, or what happened two years ago, and two years from now, hopefully with diploma hanging on wall, I will look back and say, it was a good time to be, two years ago.

1 comments:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

It is very refreshing to hear someone accept the outcome of the election for what it is. Because essentially that it is what it is and that is it. You will still be in school I will still have lots of kids and if I don't like what is happening I still have a choice to make.
Someone was requesting software to block Obama's picture from her computer and I couldn't believe that an adult would make such a childish request. She didn't get her way, she is taking her ball and going home!