No, not a pirates pumpkin patch. The wretched patch of dirt on the side of my house (my hizzie, if you will, and no, I won't) where the missus and I have planted some food stuffs. What I didn't realize, is how much I actually care that the stuff grows. And how much trouble it is to make sure that it does. Constant watering and tending to it. Then I'm supposed to thin them out when they get two inches tall. It took me forever to grow them, why would I pull them out?
Oh, and up until most recently it was even an organic garden. Some miracle grow accidentally fell on it. stay tuned.

So here it is, I guess that some of it is doing well. That's corn in the back there. We also have peppers, a dead tomato plant, some cucumbers, and some peas 'n beans.
The peas are the ones in the front that have actually graced us with their presence. (bang up photography by the way)


On the other side where are the pumpkins. Or at least where the pumpkins eventually will be. and yes that is our unfinished rock path there as well. We are still getting a general idea of where we want to place the stones. I think we will leave them there for the season and see if we like them. The nice thing about this is we can change our mind if we want and move them, no effort wasted.
Yet aside from my dreadfully boring gardening story, I will think about putting up some pictures of my basement. the boss and I have started putting up some of the drywall and it is actually starting to look like an actual room. We are going to have a lot of mudding to do.

2 comments:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Those pictures look so, well so, barren. I am excited to see what the garrrrrden (I think a pirate pumpkin patch is a great idea!) does for you. I can't wait to have my own! You should ask Emily if you need any hints and tips, Shane let her take care of his garden last year ;)

Cameron's Corner said...

I tried to grow tomatoes at my last house in my front yard. I think I planted them too late in the year cause I only got one single tomato. I nurtured that tomato for weeks on the vine... like it was a newborn baby.

Then one day it was gone. I think a bum stole it. I was sooooo pissed.